What do you & your pals do for fun?
I imagine normal groups gather around a meal or a bottle of wine and catch up on work, boys, maybe swap a few stories, reminisce on yesteryear, etc.
My friends aren’t much different. There’s always dinner and some $11 cab but after about 3 minutes of catching up, someone inevitably turns on YouTube and we watch clips for hours.
Our tastes are wide. We like to start with sad movie trailers and music videos, then we take a turn for our favorite musical numbers, which segue ways nicely to watching numbers from Glee, transitioning us to Cory Monteith’s death and Lea Michele’s strength and conviction in the face of loss, which reminds us of Sia and how she has overcome her addictions, landing us on her music video of Shia Labeouf with the little chick from Dance Moms, leading us to our final and most fulfilling destination which is that of Shia Labeouf videos.
You all would have such a blast – come over some time!!
Time: 1 1/2 hours | Serves: 4-6
- 2 beets, scrubbed clean
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 tbsp. of tahini
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Plenty of S+P
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Parsley flakes, for serving
- Pita, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Trim ends off of beets
- Set each beet on individual pieces of foil
- Drizzle with 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil each before wrapping up fairly tightly in foil
- Set on a baking sheet + roast for 1 hour
- When cooled, remove skins from the beets with a paper towel
- Add chickpeas + beets to a food processor
- Process for a few seconds or until not very chunky
- Add tahini + garlic + lemon juice + S+P
- Process on low + slowly pour in remaining olive oil
- Serve room temperature or chilled with parsley flakes + pita
- Slather on face and run to your mother telling her you have a horrible infection