I think I am immune to endorphins.
Is this possible? Should I donate my weak body to science?
I worked out and nothing happened. No rush of euphoria, no epiphanies about my future, nada.
I actually think I had a panic attack while on the elliptical. Like, there I was on a virtual jog through the streets of Paris and BAM – anxiety. I was minding my own business, just looking for these magical brain bursts you all keep talking about. Perhaps I wasn’t working hard enough. Is there a certain speed I need to reach before endorphins happen? A certain activity, maybe? I got on a couple of different machines for probably three minutes each and nothing happened.
So I came home and ate five handfuls of cookie dough bites and then was flooded with happiness.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4 as a side
- 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, ends trimmed off + first layer removed
- 1 fresno chili pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2-3 tbsp. of sriracha, your preference
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix honey + sriracha + garlic + red wine vinegar + lemon juice + olive oil + S+P
- Toss brussels sprouts + pepper in sauce + arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until crisp to your desire
- Sprinkle with cilantro + serve warm
- Enjoy a food fight with your pals + lick remnants off walls