It is 2016 and you still cannot undo all of your mistakes.
Well, specifically mistakes made using a piece of technology. Though, I’m still holding out for time travel so I can go back to the 4th grade and spell allowed instead of aloud in the spelling bee, but I’m over it.
I was with my dad and we were scrolling through his DVR. He stops on this documentary about a ship he floated around on in the Navy. He cherishes this documentary and suggests it every time we are watching the tube. I always pout and say, “Eww boring I want to watch Gilmore Girls re-runs.” He typically scoffs & moves on. This time, this fatal time, he clicks an x button. *Poof* The show is gone. PERMANENTLY gone. I gasp, he crumbles into a ball. We spend the rest of our evening googling how to undo this action and discover that it is impossible. They have created a device that records 12 shows at once yet we don’t get the occasional re-do.
Don’t get me started on the absolute NECESSITY that is undoing a text message. Like, we are human beings. We make mistakes. Give us a device that allows us to share our deepest thoughts at any time, day or night, and we are bound to have some regrets, am I right?! And what’s Siri’s role in all of this? I don’t need her to tell me the 18th president on the spot, I need her to proofread my text messages and tell me if I sound mean before I send something. Or if I yell, “STOP THAT TEXT, SIRI!” she automatically halts the sending process. Make yourself useful, girl.
Apple, Comcast, Big Brother, hook a girl up with an undo button.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, + more for serving
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 tomatoes off the vine
- 3-4 oz. of fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place chopped cauliflower pieces in a food processor, pulse until tiny, fluffy pieces
- Transfer to a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap + microwave for 4 minutes
- Once cool, add egg + cheese + oregano + S+P
- Combine cauliflower dough + form into a pizza crust shape, arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Top crust with crushed tomatoes + tomatoes + cheese + olive oil, bake for another 10 minutes
- Top with crushed red pepper + S+P + basil
- Serve hot
- Pretend the pizza is a choo-choo train and the destination station is your pie hole