I think in another universe I am Chrissy Teigen.
Like, an alternate one where I am of any descent other than very white and where other people besides just me enjoy looking at my selfies.
We are just so alike. We have a similar sense of humor, share similar hobbies, and have similar taste in baby names. She just named her baby Luna and I named a dog that once – she shed everywhere and had about as much sense as a wet blanket but she was quite cute.
I struggle to find anything we don’t have in common. We’re both in the business of helping people, her posing for the swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated and me in nonprofit work. We both have great loves, hers writes legendary (see what I did there?) love songs about her and mine draws stick figure pictures of us dancing in flower patches. Too many parallels.
Alas, she’s a published cookbook author and I am still writing a food blog but I’m like totally not bitter about it!
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- In a large skillet, combine 1 cup of water + the sugar + some S
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved
- Add green beans, cover + cook until the sugar water begins to reduce, about 9 minutes
- Uncover + stir + continue cooking for 7 minutes
- Transfer to serving dish + top with butter + pepper + almonds
Straight from Chrissy Teigen’s glorious cookbook: Cravings