Y’all, romance novels are the absolute BUSINESS.
I’m not talking about the basic ones that have Fabio on the front. (Though I’ve not properly given those a try and feel no need to judge).I’m talking about that Nicholas Sparks, heart literally falls out of chest at the end type of book. This crap is RICH.
I don’t know when I became too kewl to read this type of book. I know it was a conscious effort, though.
“Rachel, you’re an adult now. Don’t you dare fall into this 50 Shades of Grey madness. Everyone in your world is 18x smarter than you. The only way to catch up is to read something literary, something you can quote at a cocktail party. NO – step away from the John Green. STEP. AWAY.” – actual inner monologue at a bookstore.
I have simply been missing out. I finished Me Before You last night. They’re making this book into a movie. I know you fools have seen the commercials for this. That daggum trailer had me crying in the theatre. I couldn’t shake it, like I needed the torture of this story to continue. So I got over myself, bought the book and have been devouring it the last two days. To properly understand how I felt last night as I turned the final page, I’d have to include the selfie I took of my snotty, swollen, tear-stained face. I won’t do that to you all because you’d all smack your laptops closed & run far, far away.
I will share a selfie of my face when movie comes out and I am crumpled in a sticky, popcorn covered ball on the theatre floor.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 zucchini, rinsed
- 1 red pepper, rinsed + halved
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 oz. of goat cheese, + more for serving
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place red pepper halves skin up on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P, bake for 20-22 minutes or until starting to char
- Meanwhile, using a spiralizer, cut your zucchini
- Add the other tbsp. of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add zoodles + S+P, cook for 6-7 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine roasted red pepper + goat cheese + remaining olive oil + S+P in a food processor, process until smooth + creamy
- Add sauce to zoodle pan + let simmer for 2 minutes
- Serve hot with extra goat cheese + basil
- Take a zoodle + fashion into mustache + send me photos
Recipe adapted from here! http://getinspiredeveryday.com/food/creamy-roasted-red-pepper-zucchini-noodles/