I’m trying to learn the lost art of compartmentalization.
I’m not running away from my problems! I just want them to live in individual mind boxes with very tight lids.
I heard this particular coping mechanism allows a few minutes each day to open the anxiety boxes, worry about the insides, and then put the lids back on & go about the day. This is the answer I have been looking for. Scheduled worry time!!
I feel like I’m about half way there. Like, I have found nice, spacious boxes for all of the lunacy in my head. I simply cannot find any proper fitting lids! My money/bills box is really tipping over & spilling everywhere lately. Like, we accidentally spent $50 on some airport breakfast this weekend & I convinced myself we were going to run out of money entirely because of it. I was like, “OMG, Garrett, what will we do??? How can we make up this money????” He was all, “Umm we go to work tomorrow??”
I’m thinking I’m going to need locks on my compartments instead.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 10 oz. of firm tofu
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 cup of salsa, + more for serving
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1/2 a red onion, diced, for serving
- 2 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped, for serving
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, chopped, for serving
- Avocado slices, for serving
- Lime juice, for serving
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Wrap tofu in a clean dish towel + press something heavy on top
- Let water release for 12-15 minutes
- In a bowl, combine garlic powder + chili powder + cumin + S+P + 2 tbsp. of the salsa
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Crumble tofu with a fork + add to hot pan
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Add black beans + S+P, cook for two minutes
- Add seasoning mix, cook for another 2-3 minutes
- To serve, arrange some of the tofu mix on a warm tortilla
- Top with onion + cabbage + cilantro + avocado + lime juice
- Gently lift taco up with two hands, lean head back + smash taco contents onto face
Adapted from here! – http://minimalistbaker.com/easy-vegan-breakfast-tacos/
3 thoughts on “Tofu Breakfast Tacos”
I love tofu, but I have never had them this way! Going to have to try this!!
Really?! Lil scrambled tofu is the bee’s knees – you’ll love it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This looks amazing!