Since late 2009, I’ve had a pretty crippling fear of weather.
Specifically, any weather events that didn’t involve a cloud-less sky & a bright sun with a happy face in the middle.
Overcast day? No need to speak to me.Thunderstorms? Don’t expect me to leave the house. High winds? Buckling myself to a sturdy object. Natural disasters? I carry a helmet and a bottle of water wherever I go.
As usual, I continue to evolve. I woke up yesterday to a thunderstorm and instead of burying my face in my pillow and asking God to blow up my car so I couldn’t go anywhere, I was comforted by the melodic sounds. It was like waking up to a big ole bear hug from Mother Nature. Rain is pretty! Rain is fun! Rain is an excuse to not do my hair!
However, I think the sun is starting to turn on me & I’m not happy about it.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1 cup of red quinoa
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, rinsed + halved
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of snap peas, cooked
- 1 avocado, sliced
- S+P, to taste
- Sriracha, for serving
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, drain
- In a bowl, combine quinoa + cherry tomatoes + red pepper + snap peas + avocado
- Sprinkle with S+P + drizzle with sriracha
- Serve room temperature or cold
- Hide utensils from self + smash face into bowl beware of sriracha in the eye