I went to Chick-fil-A in my bathrobe last night. There were slippers involved.
Technically, that’s why they invented drive throughs, right? To fuel our laziness?
I just needed a milkshake, OK? It wasn’t a particularly tough day. In fact, it was downright pleasant. I couldn’t just end my perfectly pleasant day by going home and doing my yoga & self-loathing & calling it a day, could I? No! I deserved a sweet treat for going an entire day with a semi-positive attitude. It just wasn’t until after I bathed that I realized how desperately I needed one. So I just went. Terry cloth-clad and all.
Seeing as I don’t eat chicken, it’s been a few moons since I’ve visited a good ole Chick-fil-A. Of course I choose cow night to make my grand entrance. You know, the night Chick-fil-A offers free nuggets if you show up dressed like an actual moo-cow. That place was a farm (get it?!). Screaming children with felt circles pinned to their white shirts just running a muck. It wasn’t just for kids, though. I saw one lady in a floor-length cow print dress. Another had fashioned some cow print flappy ears to her head. The level of commitment was truly impressive.
So thank you, Chick-fil-A, for allowing us to all be our most free selves with you.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 cup of orzo
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thin
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese
- 5 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower + 3 tbsp. of olive oil + garlic + S+P
- Arrange on a lined baking sheet + bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once in the middle
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until slightly under al dente
- Drain + add to a bowl with a tbsp. of olive oil
- Meanwhile, combine remaining olive oil + honey + dijon + lemon juice + S+P in a small bowl
- To the orzo bowl, add roasted cauliflower + spinach + onion + cranberries + feta + dressing + extra S+P
- Serve room temperature or cool
- Shrink self + climb into serving bowl, you will want to roll around in this silkiness
Idea from my girl Chrissy!