But why do we wash our cars?
I spend $18 on a car bath & what do I really get? Does Creed (my car) run any better after his car bath? Does Creed smell pretty after his car bath? No.
I take human baths for the free & I step out smelling like a country spring day. That’s a strong return on investment.
I finally broke down and got a car wash when I could no longer see through my windows. I went through one of those car washes that you sit in while the contraption does all of the work for you. I’m truly not convinced that these things are safe. They’re definitely not safe for those prone to pessimism because my crazy self about lost it up in there! These giant twirling sponges were beating Creed to death and there were all these juices spewing from every which way. All the while I’m thinking, “If one of these sponges breaks my windshield, I am going to drown. I’m drowning. I’m dying in a car wash. Will I make national news?”
It rained that night & Creed looked like he rolled around in mud again. $18 well spent.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 10-12 taquitos
- Corn tortillas
- 1 can of black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1/2 can of spicy corn, drained
- 1/2 cup of green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of onion, diced
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. of paprika
- 1/4 cup of spicy cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor, combine black beans + corn + pepper + onion + chili powder + cumin + garlic salt + paprika + S+P
- Pulse until combined, just a lil bit, leave it chunky!
- Scoop a lil bit of the bean mix into a tortilla + top with a lil bit of cheese
- Roll it up
- Arrange seam down on a lined baking sheet
- Brush with olive oil
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Top with cilantro + salsa
- Have sword fight with sweetie using these lil guys as weapons
Idea from here!