I held a baby this weekend.
I can’t be the only 25-year-old, married woman who has never held a baby, right? Bueller??
I’m simply not qualified to hold anything that needs its head supported. Like, I accidentally grabbed the baby’s head with my hand instead of placing it into the crook of my arm & OH THE HORROR. I literally had to ask an adult to physically lift the baby head from my palm & place it in the crook.
How do moms just ~know~ what to do? Like, they are all just so in tune with their offspring. Does breakfast, lunch and dinner suffice or are they like me & need a couple of snacks? Do babies require shampoo? How do you clip their nails? Why are their belly buttons funny looking? How do you know they’re still breathing?
So, yeah, I’m definitely ready for kids.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1/2 loaf of whole grain bread, cut in chunks
- 4 tomatoes off of the vine, cut in chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of basil, chiffonaded
- In a bowl, combine onion + red wine vinegar, set aside for 15-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes + sugar + 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P in another bowl, set aside for 15-20 minutes
- In another small bowl, combine remaining olive oil + garlic + S+P
- In a serving bowl, combine bread chunks + tomatoes + onion + beans + basil + S+P
- Drizzle with the olive oil + garlic
- Serve room temperature or chilled
- Scoop handful into palm + rub gingerly on face it feels nice