Did I ever tell y’all that I almost played Lizzie McGuire?
I was a very talented child actress.
I mean, I did mostly hip, local community theatre, but I was also in an infomercial about Tourette’s once. I got paid $75 for that gig.
Here’s how it went down:
It was closing night of this musical I was in. The theatre threw this huge party. A man in a skirt (I’m fuzzy on the details) comes up to me & my folks and says, “Your daughter is very talented. I’d like to be her agent.” I am all, “OMG, yes, I am a STAR & I will not let you down!!!” & my parents are all, “That’s sweet but we move to Tennessee next week – see ya!”
I kicked and screamed and rolled around on the stage in my party dress to prove a point.
All to say, I told all of my new friends in TN that I was almost on the Disney channel.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 bundle of asparagus, rinsed + trimmed
- 6-8 eggs
- 12 oz. of soyrizo
- 4 whole wheat english muffins
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 chipotle chilis in adobo, minced
- 2 tbsp. of adobo sauce
- Juice of 1 a lime
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped + more for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange asparagus on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine yogurt + chilis + adobo sauce + 1/2 of the lime juice + honey + S+P, set aside
- In another bowl, mash avocadoes + add sun-dried tomatoes + jalapeno + the rest of the lime juice + cilantro + cumin + S+P, set in the refrigerator
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Squeeze soyrizo out of the casings + into the skillet
- Cook until browned, 6-8 minutes
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer
- Add a pinch of salt + the vinegar
- Using a spoon, create a lil whirlpool in the simmering water
- Slowly pour the cracked egg into the water
- Cook for 3 minutes
- To assemble, spread some of the guacamole over a toasted muffin + top with asparagus + soyrizo + a poached egg + drizzle the hollandaise
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro + serve hot
- Smash face directly onto plate + never come back up for air it is unnecessary
Adapted from here: http://www.halfbakedharvest.com/cotija-guacamole-chorizo-eggs-benedict-honey-chipotle-lime-sauce/
8 thoughts on “Soyrizo Eggs Benedict”
Yummmm….that looks so good. Asparagus is going on my grocery list.
It was soooo divine. I hope you give it a try! Or at least make some yummy roasted asparagus 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
Soyrizo eggs benedict, I’ve been waiting for you.
You didn’t know how much you were missing this.
Right down my street, great recipe!
Why thank you, friend!
Reblogged this on She's Whiskey in a Teacup and commented:
I love this blog. Her recipes are great, and her humor is fantastic. She doesn’t just jump right into the recipe either. She always has some sort of cute funny story that she incorporates while weaving pictures from the recipe in between. Then, after the story and pictures comes the recipe and directions. She seems super down to earth and as I’ve been completely eating WAY too much asparagus lately, this recipe obviously caught my eye. Going to have to try it this weekend and possibly try it with different meats as well seeing as I have no idea where to find soyrizo.
YOU ARE SO FREAKING SWEET!!!!!!