Am I the only human who has not jumped on the Olympics train?
It’s not because I lack patriotism. It’s because I lack skill. I have never & will never be 1/4 as good at anything as these people are at extreme sports.
I simply can’t relate to them. They like to push their bodies to the limits for fun. I like to push my body face down in a mattress.
I did, however, have high hopes of a being a figure skater at one point. I was watching the olympics over waffles one morning and saw how graceful and cute the leotards were. I was like, “Ma, I want to be a figure skater.” She was all, “Sorry you’re too old.” I was 5 years old at this time. I also wanted to be a gymnast for about 2.5 seconds. Well, to clarify, I wanted to be a cheerleader. I thought boys would like me, I don’t know. Ma took me a gymnastics studio to sign me up for a class. I looked around and saw a little girl fall off of the balance beam & I was like, “Nah let’s roll.”
So, yeah, go Team USA!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 tomatoes
- 6 beefsteak tomatoes, rinsed
- 1 cup of orzo
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 can of tomato puree
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. of dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. of dried parsley
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut tops off of tomatoes + scoop out (hand is the best tool) all of the tomato innards, try to get as much juice + guts out as possible
- Meanwhile, cook orzo to al dente, drain
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add tomato puree + crushed red pepper + onion salt + basil + parsley + S+P, simmer another 3-4 minutes
- Add drained orzo + combine well, adjust seasoning to taste
- Arrange tomatoes in a greased baking dish
- Scoop some of the orzo into each tomato
- Top with some of the cheese
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly roasted + tops of stuffing are golden
- Serve warm
- Take two tomatoes + cover ears with them + tell friends you are Princess Leia