I went to college yesterday.
Specifically, I went to my alma mater for a conference.
Let me tell you, I was basically Grizabella in a ragged Cats costume belting “Memories” at the top of my lungs.
I was just flooded with them! I walked around and stood in some of the spots that built me. Like the spot in the English building where I sat eating my umpteenth bagel of the day and saw Garrett for the first time and thought that he looked buff and mean. Or the spot I stood in when I told my friend I was going on a date with Garrett and she was like, “OMG no do not do that I went to high school with him & he is the worst!” And the spot on the quad I stood on after Garrett convinced me to be a delinquent, leave physics class and meet him for our first public smooch.
One day there will be a plaque at that school commemorating this love story.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6-8 steaks
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- S+P, to taste
- Rice for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Pull stem leaves of cauliflower off
- Cut off one side of the cauliflower
- Starting with this flat side, cut cauliflower into 1/2″ thick steaks
- In a bowl, combine olive oil + garlic + honey + juice of 1 lime
- In an other bowl, combine paprika + chili powder + cumin + zest of 1 lime + S+P
- Arrange steaks on a lined baking sheet
- Rub with olive oil + sprinkle with seasoning on both sides
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Flip steaks
- Bake another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown to your desire
- Serve over rice with cilantro + the remaining lime wedges
- Lean head back + place cauliflower steak on face. You are now cauliflower steak man
Flavor combo idea from here!