I am a crispy tater tot.
A full week in the sand and surf has me golden brown & peelin’ all over – just the way I like it!
I was, like, so adventurous on this trip.
AKA I got in the water. This is not something I do. Mostly because I have a fear that the mere sight of my limbs entering water attracts deadly sea creatures. I basically required toddler water wings, but I did it! However, I did make Garr float with me because he would obviously be tastier to the sharks.
I also got on a boat & didn’t vomit at the thought of being lost at sea with nothing but a volleyball for a BFF. Success!
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 3 cups of the green of your choice
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 cup of southwestern corn, drained
- 1 red pepper, rinsed + diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 6 tortillas, cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup of cilantro leaves
- 1.5 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 avocado
- S+P, to taste
- 1/4 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Arrange tortilla strips on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss, bake another 2-4 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine lettuce + black beans + corn + red pepper + onion + 1/2 of the lime juice + S+P, set aside
- In a food processor, combine avocado + cilantro + garlic + yogurt + 1/2 of the lime juice + S+P + water
- Pulse until smooth
- Dress salad with dressing
- Find blank wall in house + practice finger painting using only the juices from the salad
Idea for the dressing came from here!