My husband doesn’t know who Meryl Streep is.
What have I done?
How could I have made such a grave mistake? 6 years together & I’ve shared so much of who I am (Leo, mostly), but how did this slip through the cracks?
I’m all, “Yeah, I’m going to go to a movie tomorrow.”
He’s all, “Yeah, kewl, what movie?”
I respond, “The new Meryl Streep.”
He says, “Who is that?”
I was hopeful that I misunderstood him.
“I mean, I’ve heard the name, I think.”
You think? YOU THINK?!
Lord forgive him, he knows not what he speaks.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes
- S+P, to taste
- Parsley, for serving
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain
- Heat olive oil + butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add wine + 1/2 the lemon juice + crushed red pepper + dried parsley + S+P, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Add pasta + toss to coat
- Serve with fresh parsley + lemon wedges
- Fashion wig out of noodles + wear lemon butter pasta wig to next party