I am a certified genius.
Like, I have brilliant ideas.
But I do my best thinking when I’m with my BFF, Cheryl. Something magical & slightly obnoxious happens when our brain power combines.
We spent a solid 48 hours together this weekend. After a couple of hours together our brain juices start working and the ideas just flow. Around hour 12 we decided to dress alike for the day & were reminiscent of a pair of toddler BFFs who love to hold hands everywhere they go. Hour 18 we decided to re-watch Parenthood and are giving ourselves 6 weeks to finish. Hour 36 we began executing our plan to bring back graphic tees. By hour 42, we were making these sandwiches & singing the A Walk To Remember soundtrack at the top of our lungs. Yet we still had time to plan a trip to Canada & solve all of the world’s economic problems.
Hour 27 we also ordered a large pizza at 11 p.m. & ate every bite in 13 minutes flat. I timed it.
Time: 1 hour + 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 sandwiches + extra noodles
- 1 package of pasta shells
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled + chopped
- 3/4 cup of raw cashews
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 3 cloves of garlic (if you’re feeling wild, use roasted garlic cloves)
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 7 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. of italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper (or more if you like spicy)
- 4 ciabatta bread rolls
- 1 head of roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Vegan butter
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange butternut squash on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Roast for 40 minutes
- Process cashews in a food processor
- Add in milk + garlic + lemon juice + nutritional yeast + dijon + italian seasoning + turmeric + paprika + crushed red pepper + S+P, process until smooth
- Add butternut squash + process until smooth
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente, drain + add back to warm pot
- Stir in butternut sauce
- Rub a roasted garlic clove on each of your ciabatta buns
- Heat a tbsp. of vegan butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Butter the butts of each of your buns + lay one butter down in the pan
- Top with as many noodles as you can fit + place the other bun on top, cook for 3 minutes
- Flip + cook another 3 minutes
- Serve hot
- Grab the elastic waist pants + tuck in a bib it’s gonna be a wild ride
Butternut Mac recipe is from Oh She Glows!