I was born in the wrong era.
I think I would excel in, like, the 50’s.
I went to a Leon Bridges concert this weekend. *SwOoN* That old-timey, doo-woppie music speaks to a part of my soul that is buried deep beneath a love of indie folk & Kelly Clarkson.
I want to go to a sock hop in a hot pink poodle skirt with lil bobby socks and saddle oxfords on. Afterwards, I want to hit up the local soda shop & sip on a root beer float. I would like Garrett to wear a little letterman cardigan & ask me to go steady by giving me his class ring. He would also drive a red ’57 Chevy and we’d go to the drive-in and he’d try to put his arm around me during the flick. *Gasp*
Holla at your girl if you have a time machine I can borrow.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: About 16 pieces of cornbread
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a bowl, combine flour + cornmeal + baking soda + salt
- In another bowl, combine milk + butter + sugar + eggs + honey
- Pour wet ingredients into dry + combine
- Fold in jalapenos + cheddar
- Pour batter into a greased baking pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown + a toothpick comes out clean
- Serve warm with cilantro
- Shove 8 pieces into your pie hole + slowly fall into a cornbread coma
Idea from here!