It’s staggering how little I know about basic things.
It hit me yesterday while trying to go through a car wash.
I simply don’t know how to handle myself in common, adult scenarios. Like, dude is beckoning me to move my car into this tiny tire slot & I just panic. I can’t tell if I’m doing this correctly! What if I miss? Then what? He could see I was struggling so he gave me a lollipop & I felt a little better.
I don’t know how I’ve gone 25 years & literally know nothing about how the world works. For instance, I just learned the other day that planes are controlled by GPS. Like, the pilots don’t just ~know~ which way to fly. They plug in the destination & the plane goes there. *Mindblown* Also, I was watching 60 minutes last night and there are people living on an ice cap in the middle of the Arctic ocean. How? Why? My feeble brain cannot comprehend.
The real kicker: I’ll still never ~quite~ understand why we can’t just print our own money when we run out……
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6
- 1 package of rice noodles
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 stalk of boy choy, stem diced + leaves shredded
- 1 can of baby corn
- 1 can of water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp. of curry powder
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of sriracha
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- S+P, to taste
- Green onion, for serving
- Place rice noodles in a pot + cover with v hot water + set aside for about 20 minutes, slosh ’em around every few minutes to break ’em up
- Meanwhile, combine 1 tbsp. of olive oil + veg. stock + soy sauce + rice vinegar + sriracha + honey + garlic + set aside
- Heat another tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add bell peppers + bok choy + S+P, cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add baby corn + water chestnuts + cook for another 5 minutes or until starting to brown + remove from pan
- Add the remaining tbsp. of olive oil + add the noodles to the skillet, cook for a minute
- Add veggies + curry powder + frozen peas, cook for another minute
- Pour in the sauce + cook for 3-4 minutes
- Serve hot with diced green onion
- Lay face on warm pillow of noodles + let the aroma infiltrate your nostrils + brain holes + nap peacefully
Idea from here!