I can’t stop cleaning things.
It’s like a new tick I have developed. I see an item in my house & I wonder when the last time I’ve cleaned it is & after I do this for two minutes I grab the paper towels & the Windex & I clean it.
I need that Inspector Gadget trench coat but instead of spy gear in all of the secret compartments I need bottles of Resolve and Febreze.
But it’s the baseboards I have really fall in love and loathing with lately. Did you know how disgusting those lil suckers get?! Did you also know it’s insanely satisfying when they are so clean you can see yourself in them? A form of euphoria I did not know existed. I’m glad I shed like a labrador so that I will always have my baseboards to clean.
The upside to my new tick is you could eat your dinner off of my bathroom floor.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 4 cups of spinach
- 1 butternut squash, peeled + seeds removed + cut into cubes
- 1 cup of farro, cooked
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, toasted
- 1 green apple, sliced thin
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine butternut squash + 2 tbsp. of olive oil + cinnamon + S+P in a bowl
- Spread evenly on a lined baking sheet
- Roast for 30 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice + remaining olive oil + dijon + shallot + S+P in a small bowl
- Combine spinach + farro + cranberries + walnut + apple + roasted squash
- Drizzle in dressing + toss
- Serve warm
- Take all leftover squash + smash into one giant squash patty + fashion into a warm hat
Adapted from here!