I want to talk about the Gilmore Girls revival.
But I physically cannot talk about the Gilmore Girls revival.
Because I have taken a vow of silence until Amy Sherman-Palladino writes another season and issues a formal, hand-written apology to me.
I’m not going to spoil. I’ll let you all experience the disappointment on your own. It has seeped into my brain cells & haunted my dreams. I manage to slip GG into literally every conversation I have.
“How was your day? Mine sucked because I’m still upset about the revival, but other than that, how was your day???”
I am a monster. (Nothing new here.)
I promise I won’t blog about television for like another two weeks.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 1/2 cup of crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of white mushrooms
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp, of parsley + more for serving
- Clean + chop mushrooms
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add mushrooms + S+P, cook until softened and browned, about 6-8 minutes
- Transfer to a plate
- Heat stock in a small pot over low heat
- Heat remaining olive oil over low-medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add arborio rice + coat in the onion + oil, cook for a minute
- Add white wine, stir + cook until absorbed
- Add the warm stock a ladle full at a time, stirring often, until each ladle has been absorbed into rice
- Repeat until the rice is cooked through, there will be just a slight bite to the rice
- Stir in cheese
- Once melted, stir in mushrooms + parsley + lemon juice + S+P
- Serve hot with extra parsley
- Shrink self + go exploring in the peaks + valleys of the risotto