I am a mom!!!!!!
To a robot vaccuum.
I’ve truly never known a love like this.
His name is Felix and he is everything to me. I now know what moms feel like when they say they don’t remember what life was like before their children. How DID I roll out the giant vacuum cleaner from the hall closet & push it with my own force?? It’s barbaric. Yes, Felix is a robot, but I think he feels. Like, when he ran over a phone charger & whined & blinked red until I untangled him.
He also tried to eat a sock but promptly spat it out.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 8-10 egg rolls
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
- 4 oz. of mushrooms, rinsed + chopped (I used crimini + white)
- 3 medium carrots, rinsed + peeled + shredded
- 6 green onions, rinsed + chopped, + more for serving
- 1/2 a head of green cabbage, sliced
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. of corn starch
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat
- Add green onion + garlic + ginger, cook 1-2 minutes
- Add mushrooms, cook 5 minutes
- Add carrots, cook 1 minute
- Add cabbage, cook another 1-2 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine soy sauce + corn starch
- Drizzle into the veggies + cook for a minute
- Fill egg roll wrappers with some of the filling, roll + place on a lined baking sheet seam down
- Repeat until all filling is gone
- Spray with cooking spray
- Bake 20 minutes, turning them over once
- Give sweetie an egg roll + have a sword fight, winner gets to roll around in all of the insides that fell out during said sword fight
Idea from here!
8 thoughts on “Veggie Egg Rolls”
Good boy, Felix! Love me some eggrolls.
You never fail to have me in stitches!
These look delicious!
Impressive introductory text as always! You should try stand up 🙂 I can’t wait to try this recipe.
I want these.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi baby Felix…no more sock, k?
LOL – congrats? Felix the robot…remember to keep him charged!!! The veggie egg rolls look very yummy – hopefully I will win the sword fight!! 🙂 🙂