What a wonderful time of year to remind myself that I’m the least thoughtful gift giver ever!!!!!!!
I couldn’t choose a thoughtful gift to save my life.
Take my parents, for instance. The people who gave me life. So far, my best ideas for both of them are socks.
I’m just not the type of person who is out shopping, sees something that reminds me of someone I love and think, “Huh, what a great idea for that person I love a whole lot!” I am pretty much solely focused on myself at all times. Google is not giving me any help either. I type in “gifts for mom” & get 8,000 coffee mugs with “I love Mom!” on them. I want unique items that are just going to squeeze the emotions and tears right out of these people!
Like when Garr opened the ugly Christmas sweater I got him the other day and it was two sizes too big even though I have access to a closet full of his things.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, + more for serving
- 2 tsp. of italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp. of honey
- 2 tbsp. of fresh basil, chopped + more for serving
- 2 cups of fresh mozzarella
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the top of the garlic head off
- Place garlic head in a piece of foil + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Fold foil + make a pouch, roast for 25 minutes
- Turn up over to 425 degrees
- Place chopped cauliflower pieces in a food processor, pulse until tiny, fluffy pieces
- Transfer to a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap + microwave for 4 minutes
- Once cool, add egg + parmesan cheese + 1 tbsp. of italian seasoning + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Combine cauliflower dough + form into a pizza crust shape, arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until crisp on the edges + center is set
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add 6-7 garlic cloves + mash with a fork
- Add ricotta + honey + basil + remaining italian seasoning + remaining olive oil + S+P
- Spread ricotta mixture evenly over crust
- Chop remaining garlic cloves + sprinkle of pizza
- Top with mozzarella
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown
- Serve hot topped with extra basil
- Fold into a tiny square + place on tongue + ask sweetie if he likes sea food
Idea came from here: