I don’t believe in new year’s resolutions, but I have made about 83 so far.
In no particular order, I’d like to stop picking my split ends, master baking, worry less, buy more candles, become a minimalist, read 40 books, exfoliate more and reduce my social media footprint just to name a few.
Twelve days in and I’m 0/83.
These resolutions really boil down to a common theme: becoming a healthier, more well-rounded Rachel. If successful, I’ll have healthier hair and skin, less clutter, a sound mind and a house that smells like Ina Garten’s on lemon tart day. Though self-absorbed, I have high hopes for myself this year!
Next year I’ll resolve to do something for the greater good, I promise.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: a bunch of chips
*Note – get a mandolin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s the arm workout I never knew I needed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled + sliced thin
- 2 parsnips, peeled + sliced thin
- 1 beet, peeled + sliced thin
- 2 golden beets, peeled + sliced thin
- 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange slices on paper towels + sprinkle with salt, let water release from veggies for about 15 minutes
- Arrange on lined baking sheets evenly
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from oven + sprinkle with S + a little P immediately
- Spread next to bed while sweetie is sleeping + wait for him to yell a lot when he wakes + crunches them all under his toes