La La Land is haunting me.
In the most glorious, magical way, it’s literally haunting me.
All I can think about is that daggum opening scene where they are all dancing on the cars during rush hour traffic. Why didn’t someone call me??? I was basically only born to do THAT scene!!!
The chemistry between Ryan and Emma is truly out of this world. I’d probably watch a live stream of them buttering bread because no doubt it would be electrifying. They are simply the cutest. And they’re little singing voices – to die for!! As a musical protege, I had very high hopes for this movie. All it took was Ryan singing City of Stars to me & I was hooked. Garrett had to cover my mouth so I would stop humming along in the theatre.
I also had to sit in my seat for an extra 5 minutes to get my sobs under control & I might have started a clap at the end.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 3 cups of cooked kidney beans or 2.5-3 cans of red kidney beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1 vine ripe tomato, diced
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of coriander
- 1 tsp. of cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. of curry powder
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of cilantro
- Brown rice, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat
- Add onion + cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic + ginger, cook another minute
- Add cumin + coriander + cayenne + turmeric + curry powder + tomato sauce + S+P, cook another 5 minutes
- Add canned beans with juices (+ one cup water) or cooked beans with a cup of the cooking water + tomato
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat + cook 10 minutes
- Remove from heat + stir in cilantro
- Serve curry over brown rice + extra cilantro
- Curl up on couch in your scrubbiest PJs + eat the entire vat of curry while binge watching musical clips on YouTube
Adapted from here!