I think I know how to unite our broken society.
We need a new viral social media challenge.
I miss the days of watching my internet pals flail as ice water is poured on their heads. The days when groups of people would stand still pretending to be mannequins while that terrible song played in the background. And let us not forget about the cinnamon challenge – a classic!
The internet was a much happier place back then. Collectively, we were a happy-go-lucky bunch. Now we’re just a bunch of stiffs! What if we started planking again? That was a great year for me, personally. I planked on a neighbor’s trash can &, though a low point, I have no regrets. Oh, or we could start stacking the Cheerios on baby foreheads again!!!! THAT was a crowd pleaser.
I’ll do anything just make the politics go far, far away.
Time: 12 hours (all prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 8 oz. lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup of italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 tbsp. of dijon
- 1tbsp. of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of hot sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 cup of polenta
- 2 tbsp. of parmigiano-reggiano
- 4-6 eggs for poaching
- 1 tbsp. of white vinegar
- Sriracha or hollandaise, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- The night before, cook polenta according to package directions
- Stir in parm-reg + S+P
- Spread flat on a plastic wrap-lined baking dish + cover with another sheet of plastic wrap
- Refrigerate over night
- In the morning, combine crab + breadcrumbs + mayo + dijon + soy sauce + hot sauce + beaten egg + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Cover + refrigerate for at least 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, cut your polenta into lil circles using a round glass
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add polenta cakes, cooking on each side for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown to your desire
- Form crab mix into cakes
- Heat other tbsp. of olive oil in the same skillet
- Cook crab cakes on either side for 3-4 minutes or until golden to your desire
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Turn down the heat to a slow boil + add vinegar
- Make a lil whirlpool + drop an already cracked egg into the center
- Cook 3 minutes + remove with a slotted spoon + place on a paper towel-lined plate
- Assemble bennie by placing a crab cake on top of a polenta cake, topping with a poached egg + drizzling with Sriracha
- Smash schnoz into egg + let the yolk ooze errrrwhere