Life has got me down, man.
I’m just down in the dumps, in a funk, singing the blues at the top of my lungs. The whole nine.
I feel like I’m surrounded by heartache and pain lately. I’d like to solve all of the world’s problems with my bare hands, but, unfortunately, I have no upper body strength so my efforts would likely prove futile.
Perhaps I could stand outside with one of those “Free Hugs” signs. I like hugs. I have a slight fear of strangers, but I’d try to overcome. Maybe if I had more skills, things would be different. I guess I could provide homemade vegetarian meals to those in need, but they’d prob be like, “What meat is in this?” Idk. I feel like a failure as of late. Am I making a difference? Do I matter? Does this sweater make me look fat?
I think I’ll take my existential, self-centered self to bed.
Time: 30 minutes (prep) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 6-8 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp. of mayo or vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. of ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. of cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- S+P, to taste
- Tomato, for serving
- Pita, for serving
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with back of a fork
- Add green onion + red pepper + mayo + garlic + lemon juice + curry + ginger + turmeric + cayenne + S+P
- Stuff mix into pita with fresh tomato + serve
- Squeeze contents of pita all over face + sop up with pita
Adapted from the Oh She Glows Every Day cookbook! A different version here: