I am a regular at the local Whole Foods.
Don’t get it twisted. We don’t shop there. Ya girl can sometimes afford a box of ice cream sammies from there, but that’s about it.
We just love it because the pizza and burritos are cheap, they always have a flavored cider with my name on it and the people watching is simply to die for!
Each weekend we have such high hopes for doing something spontaneous and different! We practically chant, “We will not end up at Whole Foods this weekend. We will not end up at Whole Foods this weekend.” We Google and Yelp and find all sorts of hip spots. We even make it to the car. It’s the interstate that always does us in. As we near the Whole Foods exit, one of us inevitably says, “well, you know, we could just get a pizza and walk around and sniff the fancy cheeses….”
We’re simple folk, really.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 pizzas
- 2 pizza crusts
- 4 jalapenos, sliced thin
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 package of soyrizo, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz. of low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup of monterey jack cheese
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Spread half of the cream cheese evenly over the crust
- Top with half of the soyrizo
- Layer on half of the jalapenos + shallot
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on
- Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted + golden
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Serve hot
- Hide second pizza under pillow so sweetie cannot steal it
Idea from here!