This year, Garrett & I have gone alllllllllllll out for Valentine’s Day.
By this I mean, I put on a real pajama set instead of baggy sleepies and have a blackhead eliminating face mask on until he arrives home from work so he will think I am young and supple.
Once he arrives, the real fun will begin. HOMEMADE PIZZAS, PEOPLE, CAN I GET A HOORAH?! The night will cap with a viewing of last night’s episode of The Bachelor. Just what will Corinne do this week?!
We exchanged presents this weekend. He got me a Target shopping spree!!! Meaning he went with me to Target, pushed the cart and let me buy $200 worth of home decor stuff I did not need!!! I got Garr an afternoon of helping me scrub the blinds in all of our rooms. He just can’t stand a dusty blind, and neither can I! Match made in heaven!
I’m sorry if this post made you all sad you’re not as in love as we are…
Time: 30 minutes | Serves: 4-6
- 1 box of rigatoni
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 2 tbsp. of capers
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, stems removed + leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 cup of parmigiano reggiano
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Heat one tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add chickpeas, cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often, until browned + crisp to your liking
- Add capers + cook another minute
- Add swiss chard + lemon juice + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente
- Reserve a cup of the cooking water + drain pasta
- Add reserved water to chickpea + chard skillet, let cook for 2 minutes
- Turn off the heat, add pasta to skillet + cheese directly on top of pasta, stir + warm for 1-2 minutes
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil + serve warm with extra cheese
- Serve to sweetie with a smile + no fork + ask him to lap up like animal
Giada made this on Food Network the other day & this is my version from memory because I am so smart!!!!!!!