I made Garrett do yoga with me tonight.
I need to set the scene for you.
My husband is the ultimate hunk-asaurus. He’s just a built, beautiful, big ole bear of a man. He’s full of energy and is literally always moving. Even when relaxing, he’s moving, i.e. biting his nails, shaking his legs, tapping his toes – the man cannot sit still.
Lately he’s been talking about needing to stretch more. I capitalized on this opportunity by suggesting an activity I can beat him at – YOGA!!! Marriage is fun. Anyways, we’re all set. We’re on our mats (the carpet) and our minds are right. I turn the video on and the nice little woman calls us sweet little muffins or something and he bursts into a giggle fit and threatens to quit. I pull him back in, though, and we’re rolling. We’re in mountain pose and he starts bouncing. I’m all “stop moving & breathe!” and he is all “I can’t I love mountain pose!!!!” Happy baby pose is also a crowd favorite. I’m thinking this could be our new thing when all of a sudden, the toots start to roll in. My bubble of zen has popped.
We finish the session and he’s like, “wow yeah I think I just found my chi.” He doesn’t know what that means and still cannot pronounce namaste.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: Like a dozen cakeypans!
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of blueberry Greek yogurt (I even used the kind with REAL BLUEBERRRRRRIEESSS)
- 1 1/2 cups of skim milk
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. of butter, melted + cooled
- 2 cups of fresh blueberries, rinsed
- In a large bowl, combine flour + baking powder + baking soda + cinnamon + salt
- In another bowl, combine yogurt + milk + syrup + eggs + vanilla
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry + whisk
- Whisk in butter
- Fold in blueberries
- Coat a skillet with cooking spray + heat over just under medium heat
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop, scoop some batter into the pan
- Cook until lil bubbles start to form in the top + flip, cook another 2 minutes
- Stack cakeypans as high as possible + body slam self of top of pile + let them explode everywhere
Y’all know I can’t bake. Adapted from this!