I have a lip disease.
Well, that is what I refer to it as.
To describe: I have severely chapped lips like 100% of the time. Sometimes they swell and itch. Sometimes they develop cuts in the corners and tops and really all around. The best is when a large red ring forms around my entire mouth and I look like I am dressing up like a clown!
I’ve been to the doc manyyyyy times. Been diagnosed with like 27 things (that’s a lie – real number is 2). Finally a new doc suggests I’m allergic to something. K, rolling with it. Do you know how they find out if you’re allergic to something??? ACTUAL TORTURE TECHNIQUES. As we speak, I have three long strips on my back. Said strips have lil doses of all these common allergens. These strips are held on to my back with these ginormous pieces of medical tape. I literally cannot move my back. I cannot shower. I cannot sweat (not an issue for me, tbh). AND THEY ITCH!!! She was like if you’re allergic to something, you will itch, but don’t scratch. If you’re not allergic, you won’t even notice.
I NOTICE, OK, I NOTICE!!!!!!!!
Watch me be allergic to like grass and the sun and not be allowed to go outside anymore.
*Edit: I am allergic to nickel and gold. This solves absolutely nothing.
Time: 30 minutes (prep +cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 beet, washed + skin peeled
- 1 carrot, washed + skin peeled
- 1 package of frozen edamame, cooked to package directions
- 1/2 cup of almonds, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 2-3 cups of arugula
- 3 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. of cilantro, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- Using a cheese grater, shred the beet + carrots
- Add almonds to a dry skillet on low-med heat + toast for 4-5 minutes, shaking often
- Combine vinegar + olive oil + honey + mustard + cilantro + S+P in a lil dish
- In a large bowl, combine arugula + quinoa + almonds + avocado + beet + carrot + plenty of S+P
- Drizzle with dressing + serve chilled (If not eating right away, just dress the salad as you go)
- Wash down with french fries or something, you deserve it this is healthy as heck!
I can’t get enough of this blog! Idea from here: