Y’all remember being like 14 and the biggest part of your week was looking forward to going to see a bleak movie with about 18 of your closest friends on a Friday?
It didn’t matter what movie you were seeing, it was all about being SEEN. Who were you with, who would you be meeting up with? Questions that could define your eighth grade social status!!!!!!
Some of the first events I ever coordinated, truly. Whose mom is taking? Whose dad is picking up? Do we want to go to the Chili’s first? Can someone borrow one of their parent’s cell phones so we can call when the movie is over?
The greatest delight, without fail, came from the concessions area. For the whole of my adolescent movie-going career, I waltzed up to the candy counter of the theatre and ordered a box of chocolate chip cookie dough bites. PLEASEEEE tell me you know what I am talking about. They came in a red box and were bite-sized lil nuggets of love that breathed life into my awkward, middle school body. When the movie theatre stopped selling them, I would have to stop at the Walgreens around the corner to stock up and sneak in to the theatre. I committed crimes for this love! I think theatre officials caught on to this and now my beloveds simply cannot be found.
Except I just searched Amazon and apparently you can get a 30-pack for $31. That is a BARGAIN.
(Actually, just make mine)
Time: 2 hours (prep + fridge time) | Serves: Almost 2 Dozen
- 1 stick of melted butter (veganize if you want!)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of pure cane sugar
- 2 tsps. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 bag of dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- In a bowl, combine melted butter + brown sugar + cane sugar, beat for 2-3 minutes or until well combined
- Add vanilla extract + flour + 1/2 cup of chocolate chips + salt, combine well
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop a lil dough + pack into tight balls using your hands
- Arrange on lined baking sheet, repeat until all done
- Refrigerate for 25-30 minutes
- Once cookie dough balls are firm, melt the remaining chocolate chips
- Dip dough balls into melted chocolate + coat evenly
- Arrange back on sheet, repeat until all done
- Refrigerate another 25-30 minutes
- Serve chilled/cold
- Pls try not to eat all of these in one sitting, you will puke, but it won’t be my fault because these are the most addictive bites of my entire life
Started with this recipe!
15 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites”
You gotta make some of these, girl!!
This is geniud. I want them now.
YOU CAN HAVE THEM!!! I hope you try and let me know how they turn out 😀
Need this asap! 😀
Yes, you do! Hope you give ’em a try!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I know exactly what you are talking about and yes, they were my choice too!!
Hahaha kindred spirits! Then you’ll love these lil guys.
Yum! They look delicious!
They really, really are. Hope you try them!!!
I am SUCH a chocolate freak, and your recipe is right up my alley. There is truly nothing more pleasing than some good old melted chocolate. Gorgeous photography, too! I’ve made something similar before, and my pics certainly do not compare. Plus, coating them with chocolate is a brilliant idea. I cannot wait to give this a shot. Thank you for sharing.