I think my husband has an online shopping addiction.
Is there a support group for this sort of thing?
Literally, we’ll be relaxing and, out of nowhere, he says, “Let’s buy stuff. What can we buy?” and he whips out his phone and starts trolling sites.
The other day I just mentioned in passing that I wanted a new toilet brush (I have big dreams, I realize this) and he immediately was like, “Yes! I will get you one!!!! What else do you need?!?!?!” and it was ordered within minutes. I’m not sure what the draw is. My theory is it’s the boxes. I swear we received 18 boxes last week all with individual treats. Like, he doesn’t bundle his orders. He’ll buy things from the same site, days apart. Is there a better way to do this, hun?
The best was when he ordered Dollar Store brand laundry detergent from Amazon. Like.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5 sandwiches
- 8 oz. of white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp. of italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of fresh basil + more for serving
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 1 + 1/2 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs
- Sourdough sandwich rolls
- Jar of favorite marinara sauce
- Arugula, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3 minutes
- Add mushrooms + S+P, cook another 5 minutes
- Add garlic + italian seasoning + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook another 1-2 minutes
- Add white beans + lemon juice + S+P, cook another minute
- Let cool slightly + transfer to a food processor
- Add basil + 1 cup of breadcrumbs + process until well combined
- Refrigerate mixture for 5-10 minutes
- Form mix into meatballs + roll in remaining breadcrumbs, arrange on a lined baking sheet + repeat
- Spray with cooking spray
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Flip + bake another 20 or until browned to your desire
- Meanwhile, toast your buns + heat your sauce
- Toss meatballs in sauce + arrange in bun with arugula + basil
- Serve hot
- Simply unhinge jaw + shove down throat + enjoy the euphoria
Idea from here!
7 thoughts on “Vegan Meatball Subs”
Wow, those look great! Now, about that husband… 😉
These look so good!
Lol.. your story. I’m like that sometimes. How can you not be with two day free shipping? Plus getting things in the mail is freaking fun (maybe let me know if you find that support group :). I usually don’t dig on vegan fare unless I have to, but these look and sound amazing!
Amazon Prime has caused the same affliction here. Miso and wakame seaweed, not bundled.
These look wonderful! Good vegan recipes are so hard to find!
Oooh I wonder if I could trick my hubby into thinking these are meat……hehe