Just when I think I’m getting better at this international traveler supermodel lifestyle, life comes and slaps me with a reality check.
TSA took my $75 hair cream. Yes, it was over the size limit, but if the gentleman would have just taken a minute to look at my split ends, he would have understood!
I recover, though, and play it cool. Oh that old cream? Psh. I have a dozen of ’em. *Frantically texts mom to please go purchase more hair cream and have it waiting for my arrival*
Things are on the up and up until I deplane my first flight. Water bottle? Check. Phone? Check. Laptop? Check. I prance off the plane and give my best international world traveler supermodel smile to the flight attendants and pilots. I get to the monitor to see where my next gate is when I realize my load is a bit light. *Frantically prances back onto plane to retrieve carry on*
At least none of my clothes still had the tags on them this time. Baby steps.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups of cous cous, cooked
- 4 earns of corn, husks removed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno, seeded + diced
- 1/2 cup of green onions, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Arrange corn on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning over once
- Once cooled, remove corn from cob
- In a large bowl, combine cous cous + corn + tomatoes + jalapeno + green onions + avocado + basil + S+P + remaining olive oil
- Serve room temp or chilled
- Acquire bag of chips to help with the scooping into your pie hole
9 thoughts on “Corn + Cous Cous Salad”
Sounds like a hectic travel experience! But delicious recipe to go along with the story!
Hectic keeps it interesting! 😀
The first time a girlfriend and I traveled together, her passport fell out of her carry-on bag in the overhead compartment. We were almost at our next gate when we got called back.
OMG! My worst nightmare is losing an ID while traveling! Thank goodness y’all got called back.
It’s a good thing the flight crew checked all the overhead bins. And that we had lots of time between flights to go back and retrieve it.
Darn those TSA agents! I personally love couscous, but the hubs can’t stand the texture. I’ve told him over and over it’s just wee round pasta, but he doesn’t get it.
Really?!?! We gotta figure out a way to get that man on the cous cous train!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Looks tasty, love the combo of ingredients for this salad, so fresh 😀
Thank you so much 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person