I’ve decided I’d like a new brain.
I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and I really think it’s time.
Mine is OK, I guess. It’s pretty smart sometimes and makes me laugh occasionally. The rest of the time, it just never stops thinking and, frankly, I’m tired of it!
I’m not picky. I’d take a simple brain. One that sees the sun shining and the birds chirping and takes it for what it is instead of wondering if the sun is searing cancer into your skin and whether or not the birds have the flu. I really think there’s a market for this brain thing. Like, imagine a store where you walk in and grab a cart and then stroll the aisles of brains reading the different descriptions. Obvio there are various price points. For instance, mine would cost you about $2 and the kind I’m looking for probably about $300,000 with a coupon.
Now if we could get some brains on Amazon Prime, that’d be majjoorrrrrr key.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled + cubed
- 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, peeled + quartered
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed +drained
- 1/2 of an avocado, chopped
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 3-4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas + brussels + S+P + 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add sweet potatoes + S+P, cook 10 minutes or until tender on inside + crisp on outside
- Remove from pan + heat remaining oil on low-med heat
- Fry eggs to your liking
- Plate some taters + top with brussels + chickpeas + fresh avocado + egg + a dusting of S+P
- Serve hot
- Borrow mini sand shovel from a neighbor baby and scoop all contents into mouth at once