I hiked a mountain this weekend.
Not a hill or a mound or a giant knoll. A MOUNTAIN.
Me and the outdoors have been needing to get over the beef between us for a while now. Who knew all it would take is a vigorous climb on a beautiful PNW day surrounded by about 800 other young professionals being ullltrrraaaaa crunchy in the wilderness?!
I absolutely loved it. Like, I think this very weak body of mine is meant for hiking. Even Garrett was like “can you stop sprinting, please….” ME! Sprinting up a mountain! Can you even picture it?! The best was trying to ~look~ like I’ve done this before. This mountain was packed, man. I did not want the stench of noob to surround me! I had to fake it until I made it.
I was only very lightheaded by the time I got to the top, but WORTH IT.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, quartered
- 1 cup of green onions, diced
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine quinoa + tomatoes + cucumber + green onions + avocado + cilantro + S+P
- In a dry skillet over low-med heat, toast the walnuts for a few minutes, shaking often, just until fragrant
- Add walnuts to bowl
- Squeeze in lemon juice + olive oil
- Serve room temp or chilled
- Cup hands + use as vessel to feed self + reminisce on days of being a toddler when eating like this was cute + everyone loved you more