Place 1,013 I do not fit in: CrossFit tournaments.
I think even the toddlers had protein in their bottles.
We went to the West Coast CrossFit Regionals in Portland on Saturday. Garr loooovvvveeeesssss CrossFit. Like, gets up at 3:30 am every weekday to do CrossFit loves. He’s also insanely good at it and I will be forcing him to compete next year if for nothing other than the fact he made me watch a documentary about CrossFit once and the wives get kind of famous too.
I asked him days in advance what one wears to a CrossFit competition. He tells me to be casual. I can work with casual. I curl my hair and put on jeans and a little top and sandals. Casual. We roll up in this place & I look like I have arrived to be crowned queen of the ball in comparison to my fellow spectators. I am the only human being in jeans and any footwear other than tennis shoes. Every woman is in workout gear, booty shorts if I’m being specific. Booty shorts EVERYWHERE. Everywhere you look – booty. I’m not judging, I am JEALOUS. The courage!
I hung out at the pretzel stand.
Time: 2 1/3 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 8 hotdogs
- 8 carrots, washed, trimmed + peeled
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of coriander
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, washed + diced
- 1 jalapeno, washed + diced
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Mustard, for serving
- Hot dog buns, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat broth + vinegars + soy sauce + liquid smoke + mustard + spices + S+P over medium heat
- Let simmer for 6-8 minutes
- Meanwhile, arrange carrots in a baking dish + drizzle with olive oil
- Pour marinade directly over carrots, cover with foil + marinate for 1 1/2 hours
- Meanwhile, combine onion + tomato + jalapeno + S+P, refrigerate
- Preheat oven to 425
- Stick the covered carrots in oven + roast for 20 minutes
- Remove foil, shake around + cook another 25 minutes
- Toast your buns
- Put a dog in the bun + top with pico you made + drizzle with mustard
- Serve hot
- Invite a bunch of pals over for a BBQ + feed them these + see if they are still your friends after
First saw these from this fellow blogger!
Recipe adapted from here: