I watched an episode of Game of Thrones.
Unfortunately, I hopped on this train about 6 seasons late, so the cortex of my brain skilled at catching on quickly to television plots has reached maximum capacity.
First, I need a flow chart of characters detailing phonetic spellings because, at present, the only name I can remember is Jon.
Second, what is “the wall” they keep talking about? Who is within it? Who is outside of it? Why doesn’t a dragon just fire breath it down? Third, is everyone simultaneously related and in love? I’m confused. Fourth, I need a map. Who is in the north? Who is in the south? Are all of these places within the wall? Where is this mythical land? Are we in an alternate universe? What if all of this is taking place inside of a snow globe that a little boy is playing with??? No? I’m the only one with this theory? OK.
Honestly, the only part I understood was the Ed Sheeran cameo.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 sandwiches
- 1 lb. of mushrooms (I did a mix of white + cremini)
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 bundle of swiss chard, stemmed
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Mozzarella, for melting
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat a tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add green pepper + jalapeno + S+P, cook another 3-4 minutes, until the mixture starts to caramelize
- Add mushrooms, crushed red pepper + S+P, cook for 6-8 minutes until mixture is cooked and tender
- Meanwhile, heat the other tbsp. of olive oil in another skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute
- Add chard + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes until wilted
- To assemble, spread mush mix on a hoagie, top with mozz
- Repeat with other sandwiches
- Pop in oven for a few minutes until melted
- Pop open the button on your jeans + allow your gut to extend to its true happy place