“I got that summertime sadness.” – Lana Del Rey & me.
I know there’s like a month and a half left of summer, but I’m already mourning it.
I give this summer 5 stars, 10/10, would recommend to a friend.
Garr & I have just had so much fun. We’ve eaten all the foods and been to all the events and stayed up late on school nights and soaked up all the WA sun and have just, quite frankly, lived the dream. Like, last weekend, Garr was just like, “Oh hey I found some cheap Ed Sheeran tickets, wanna go?” I’m like ummmm I am a living, breathing, human female OF COURSE I WANNA SWAY TO THAT LITTLE REDHEAD. Only in the summer does this sort of magic happen. But soon the rain will roll in and I will run up the credit card bill on self tanner. *Sigh*
However it is going to be literally 100 degrees on Thursday and we don’t have air conditioning soooo…..
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 peeps
- 2 cans of jackfruit, drained + tough edges trimmed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of coriander
- 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. of cloves
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- 4 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of honey
- 1 tbsp. of liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- Radishes, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Salsa, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add half the red onion + S+P, cook for 2 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add cumin + chili powder + crushed red pepper + smoked paprika + coriander + cinnamon + cloves, cook for 1 minute
- Add in tomato paste
- Add jackfruit + soy sauce + honey + liquid smoke + vinegar + S+P
- While stirring mixture, start to break apart the jackfruit with your utensil
- Cook for 15 minutes
- Arrange jackfruit on a lined baking sheet + pop in the oven for another 15 minutes
- To serve, put some jackfruit in a tortilla with remaining red onion + radishes + avocado + salsa + cilantro
- Pretend taco is a train + chugga chugga choo choo that sucker right in your mouth
Followed this bad boy!