I wish I were great at something.
I mean, I’m decent at, like, everything, but I’m not really great at anything.
I’ve dabbled in a lot of activities, but I don’t know if I’ve ever found my *thing*.
I’m not very good at singing, I kind of do that throaty thing you’re not supposed to do. I was pretty good at acting, I think, but it seems I’ve developed acute stage fright over the years so no go. I enjoy writing, but am not sure what a subordinate clause is so I don’t think that’s going anywhere. I’m really loving yoga these days, but cannot get that daggum crow pose down! I was exceptionally terrible at dance, but I blame it on the lack of toes (explanation saved for another post). I suppose I’m destined for mediocracy.
Honestly, my parents shouldn’t have let me quit the violin in the 1st grade. That was probably my calling.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 4 zucchini, peeled + zoodled with a spiralizer
- 1 cup of snap peas
- 1 can of water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can of baby corn, drained
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of sesame oil + 1 tbsp for cooking
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of gochujang hot pepper paste
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger, peeled + minced
- Cilantro, for serving
- In a bowl, whisk peanut butter + 1/3 cup of sesame oil + 1/3 cup of soy sauce + rice vinegar + gochujang + garlic + ginger in a bowl, refrigerate
- Meanwhile arrange zoodles on paper towels + cover with more paper towels, getting a lil of the water out
- In a wok, heat the remaining sesame oil over medium heat
- Add snap peas + water chestnuts + baby corn, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until they start to brown + get crisp
- Add remaining soy sauce, cook another 2 minutes
- Add a tbsp of the sauce you made earlier, cook another minute
- Add zoodles to a bowl + top with veggies + cilantro
- Just before serving, add a lil more of your sauce to your zoodle stir fry + combine (this keeps the zoodles crisp!)
- Fashion zoodles into wig + place it atop your head + ask your sweetie if you’re pretty
Sauce idea from right here!