Reason 920,385 I should not be allowed out of the house:
My word vomit is getting out of control.
I can’t even grocery shop without causing a scene.
I’m checking out at Trader Joe’s. Because I am a crunchy, granola gal, I bring my own bag for my groceries. My cashier is scanning all of my tempeh & vegan cream cheeses & bottles of Two Buck Chuck (he’s def judging me already) and I’m just bagging away, doing my part. I’m really just chucking items in there, no strategy at all. He finishes his deal and takes over. He takes one look in the bag and goes, “Man, it’s a free-for-all in here!” I respond, “Oh my gosh, I know, I’m so sorry, I’m just really terrible at everything I do.”
…………………………………….too far, Rachel. Too far.
When will I learn that I can’t use kind strangers as free therapy anymore?
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 salads
- 2 avocados, halved + pits removed
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil + cumin + paprika + S+P
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring once
- Meanwhile combine tahini + 1/2 the lemon juice + maple syrup in a bowl
- Add hot water to thin until it’s drizzleable (is this a word?)
- Make a lil grid in your avos for easy scooping
- To serve, top the avos with chickpeas + tomatoes + onion + remaining lemon juice + drizzle with the tahini
- Just smash your face on this + go to town
Idea from here!