I keep dreaming I have halitosis.
Like, in every dream I encounter someone who alerts me to my offensive breath.
I’ll be in a deep convo and then, “Oh, by the way your breath is just awful…”
It’s permeating my conscious thoughts. I’m brushing my teeth 4 times a day. Excessive flossing (3 times today thus far but I’m thinking I can squeeze another one in) and lots of mouth wash. I’m standing far away from the poor souls forced to come in contact with me. I even priced those little face masks doctors wear, but they didn’t have any cute patterns.
Perhaps it has something to do with the amount of onion & garlic I consume.
Time: 2 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6 as a side
- 1 pound of baby red potatoes, washed
- 1 head of cauliflower, washed + trimmed into florets
- 1 package of soyrizo
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup of cashews, raw
- 1 tsp. of agave nectar
- 3 chipotles in adobo + 1 tbsp. of the saucy goodness
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- Green onion, for serving
- Place cashews in a bowl + cover with supes hot water, set aside for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place potatoes in a pot + fill with water until covered + a pinch of S
- Bring to a boil + cook for 20 minutes or until just fork tender
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion, cook for 3 minutes
- Add soyrizo, cook until done, set aside
- Once potatoes are cool, arrange quarters on a lined baking sheet
- Smash with fork + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Spread cauliflower florets on another lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P
- Roast both pans together
- Meanwhile, add drained cashews + 2 tbsp. of lemon juice + agave + chilis + saucy goodness + smoked paprika + S+P to a food processor
- Process on low and drizzle in remaining olive oil until smooth, put in the fridge
- In a bowl, combine smashed potatoes + cauliflower + soyrizo + some green onion + S+P
- Drizzle on some of your saucy goodness aioli + remaining lemon juice + garnish with more green onion
- Serve warm or room temp
- I made this thinking it would be a side dish but alas it was my dinner for 2 nights, yes it only lasted 2
Inspiration from here!
Vegan aioli from here!