My next-door neighbor is learning the saxophone.
I know this because he plays it. At all hours of the night.
The best part: He only knows one song.
You guessed it. All the live long day, my man is playing Careless Whisper like it has yet to go out of style. I’m in bed the other night, dozing off to dream land, when all of a sudden that familiar tune hits my eardrums. My eyes blink open and I’m just staring at my ceiling, like, “This is it. This is my life now.” Look, I appreciate the woodwind family as much as the next gal, but I need my beauty rest. Can we set some boundaries here?
For Christmas, I think I’ll leave a George Michael songbook on his doorstep.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 6 cups of mixed greens
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange cauliflower + fennel on 2 lined baking sheets
- Drizzle each with a tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Roast for 20-25 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining olive oil + lemon juice + S+P in a lil bowl
- Toss greens + quinoa + cucumber + cherry tomatoes + red onion + warm fennel + cauliflower + S+P together
- Drizzle on lemon vinaigrette + serve
- Might I recommend a spork for this to maximize stabbing of the goodies + cupping of the juices