I got Garr an iPad for his anniversary/birthday/Christmas/Columbus Day present.
wThis boy has been flapping his gums about getting this giant iPhone for like two years.
I squashed his dreams every chance I got. Please, I don’t spend money on technology!
I finally caved and picked one up. I wanted to surprise him so I turned to my pals for a fool-proof way to fake him out. The genius unfolded like this:
I put the iPad on the toilet. He comes home. I tell him I clogged the toilet. He’s peeved. “Again, Rachel????” He goes to the bathroom. Opens the door. “You got me an iPad???? Why? Why did you do that?????” His gratitude gives me chills.
Did I tell you he only uses his iPad to look at memes bigger?
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes | Serves: 4-6
- 2 cups of lentils, uncooked
- 1 package of soyrizo, browned
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced + more for topping
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Chippies, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in dutch oven over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add jalapeno + garlic, cook another minute
- Add tomatoes + broth + lentils + cumin + chili powder + crushed red pepper + S+P, turn heat up + bring to boil, reduce heat to a slow simmer
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until lentils are tender
- Add soyrizo + lime juice + S+P
- To serve, top with chippies + cilantro + avocado + some more jalapeno
- I would put this in a sippy cup + take it with you on all your adventures if I were you
Idea from here: