3 years of marriage. Be honest, where has the time gone?!?!?!!
Just yesterday, wasn’t I watching episodes of Arthur and purchasing my underwear based on the cartoon characters featured?!
Don’t answer that.
In my 3 years of being wifed up, I have gained invaluable life lessons. Like, always stock extra toilet paper in the house. Cuddling on the couch while he scrolls memes and I look at food pix can actually be intimate. He would just as easily live out of the clothes hamper, but does appreciate when I fold his underpants for him – it’s the little things. Preparing his lunch for the next day is therapeutic and reminds me I eat too many carbs. Compromise is essential – I get 1 hour of Food Network and he gets 1 hour of the Military channel, and we pretend to show interest in the other’s TV time.
We’d totally win an episode of The Newlywed Game.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 20-24 meatballs / 10-12 tacos
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 package of soyrizo, browned
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped + more for serving
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of vegan butter
- Corn tortillas, for serving
- Red cabbage, for serving
- Pico, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, mash black beans
- Mix onion + breadcrumbs + cilantro + chili powder + cumin + smoked paprika + S+P, combine well
- Stir in browned soyrizo + combine well
- Heat butter + 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Form mixture into balls + place in hot skillet, cook each ball for 3-4 minutes, tossing to brown on each side. If needed, add remaining oil to your skillet
- To serve, place 2 meatballs on a corn tortilla + top with cabbage + pico + avocado + sriracha + more cilantro
- Go ahead and put Meatball Tacos Anonymous on speed dial now, cause you bout to be addicted