Let us add skiing to the running list of activities I am incredibly dismal at.
I did worse than even I expected of myself.
Think inebriated baby giraffe tries to stand for the first time.
We get to the resort, I get all suited up – my pants came with cayyutttteeeeee suspenders! I’m feelin’ myself. I don’t rent a helmet because, like, I’m not going to be doing anything crazy enough to hit my head. I get out on the powder (as we mountain people call it) and scoot in my skis a couple of times & immediately tumble to the earth. It is there I think, “you idiot, get a helmet.” So once I’m locked into noggin armor, I get back in the skis, but am now unable to move. I am, however, skilled at sliding backwards, but apparently that’s not how it works. A few minutes of that and I think, I could keep doing this or I could be in the heated lodge…….
I found my people indoors at the hot toddy bar.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 package of tempeh, cubed
- 1 cup of apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp. of sriracha
- 4 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of edamame
- 1/2 cup of almonds, slivered
- 1/2 cup of green onion, diced
- 20 wontons, cut into strips
- 2 cups of quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400
- In a bowl, combine apricot preserves + sriracha + 2 tbsp. of soy sauce + apple cider vinegar + 3 tbsp. of garlic
- Add tempeh to the bowl + toss to coat, refrigerate until you’re ready to cook it
- Toss wonton strips with 1 tbsp. olive oil + S+P, arrange on a lined baking sheet
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine peanut butter + remaining soy sauc + remaining garlic + rice vinegar + water until thin enough to drizzle
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add tempeh + cook for 6-7 minutes until crisp to your desire – be careful! The glaze can burn
- To serve, combine quinoa + edamame + green onion + almonds + wontons + tempeh + drizzle with peanut sauce
- Restrain your hands because you are going to want to slap yo mama this bowl is so good
Glaze adapted from here: