I took a bath.
This is noteworthy because I find the idea of sitting one’s bum on a bare tub repulsive.
I still can’t think about it for long periods of time, but, wow, have I been missing out on the luxury that is a bath.
For Christmas, Garr bought me bath salts, bubble bath, face masks, mini pumpkin-scented candles to line the tub and champagne. He said I deserved to relax and unwind. *Swoon* So, I did it. I lit the candles, put on some music, poured myself a mimo and grabbed a book. After submerging myself into the piping hot water, I looked down and realized: this is why I don’t take baths; this is not my angle. I got over myself and ~relaxed~. An hour later, Garr is banging on the door like, “ummm, are you alive??” I’m all, “nah, I think this is how I’d like to go actually, leave me here.”
Warning for first-time bathers: An entire bottle of bubble bath is too much for one bath.
Time: 2 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6-8
- 1 box of whole wheat pasta
- 2 cans of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled + chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped + more for serving
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3 minutes
- Add carrots + celery + S+P, cook another 5-7 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add chickpeas + parsley + rosemary + garlic powder + onion powder + oregano + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add enough water to cover mixture, bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer, cover + cook for 1 hour, adjust seasoning to taste
- If you like a lot of broth, add more water before adding the pasta, if not, go ‘head and dump that pasta in the pot, cook for 7-8 minutes or until al dente
- Serve warm + with extra parsley
- Fake having the flu so you can do nothing but binge reality TV and stuff yourself with this soup
Idea from here!