Fitbits are equal parts motivating and gut-wrenching.
I got one for Christmas in an attempt to be mindful of my activity (or lack thereof).
Turns out my daily yoga session is only like 8 steps.
What’s a girl gotta do to get her 10,000 steps?! I don’t run and it rains here. I’m meant to be indoors. I’ve really been trying to think outside of the box, though. Cleaning is actually a nice way to get some steps. My baseboards are shined up like pennies! I’ve also been practicing old dance moves. Turns out I’m still pretty terrible. I am, however, quite good at reading. Instead of cozying up with a good read, I just walk and read. All around the house. Garrett is moderately upset with this new hobby because, apparently, it’s distracting when I walk in front of him during his evening TV time.
I think “Destined to be Sedentary” will be a chapter in my memoir.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 (or 1 if you’re me)
- 1 whole wheat crust
- 1 package of soyrizo
- 1 can of beans
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, diced + more for topping
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup of butter lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, chopped
- Tortilla chips
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Prep dough according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 450
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron kitchen over medium heat
- Add soyrizo, cook 4-5 minutes
- Add jalapeno + corn, cook another 2-3 minutes, set aside
- Meanwhile, add beans + juice to a small pot over low-medium heat
- Add cumin + chili powder + S+P, cook 6-7 minutes
- Spread beans on crust
- Top with soyrizo mix
- Bake 10 minutes
- Top with lettuce + tomatoes + avocado + crumbled tortilla chips + cilantro
- Serve hot
- Fold pizza slice into shape of taco for some real Shutter Island business
10 thoughts on “Taco Pizza”
Taco Pizza: two of my favorites in one! I’d be pacing around the house waiting for that to come out of the oven.
Sounds delicious. The pictures are fab as always!
Cookie sheet has seen better days………
That’s a well-loved cookie-sheet, in my opinion. A cook’s desired patina.
I got a FitBit for Christmas too, and yes, my partner is also v distracted by my walking around on the hour to get my steps in
Hahah! I have a friend who paces and reads too! I rather like the idea and these pictures make me want tacos now :p
Makes me hungry just by thinking about tacos atm, and I just ate 😀
Love the idea!
This looks AMAZING. Totally feel you on the FitBit action/regret btw.