Fitbits are equal parts motivating and gut-wrenching.
I got one for Christmas in an attempt to be mindful of my activity (or lack thereof).
Turns out my daily yoga session is only like 8 steps.
What’s a girl gotta do to get her 10,000 steps?! I don’t run and it rains here. I’m meant to be indoors. I’ve really been trying to think outside of the box, though. Cleaning is actually a nice way to get some steps. My baseboards are shined up like pennies! I’ve also been practicing old dance moves. Turns out I’m still pretty terrible. I am, however, quite good at reading. Instead of cozying up with a good read, I just walk and read. All around the house. Garrett is moderately upset with this new hobby because, apparently, it’s distracting when I walk in front of him during his evening TV time.
I think “Destined to be Sedentary” will be a chapter in my memoir.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2 (or 1 if you’re me)
- 1 whole wheat crust
- 1 package of soyrizo
- 1 can of beans
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, diced + more for topping
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup of butter lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, chopped
- Tortilla chips
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Prep dough according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 450
- Heat olive oil in a cast iron kitchen over medium heat
- Add soyrizo, cook 4-5 minutes
- Add jalapeno + corn, cook another 2-3 minutes, set aside
- Meanwhile, add beans + juice to a small pot over low-medium heat
- Add cumin + chili powder + S+P, cook 6-7 minutes
- Spread beans on crust
- Top with soyrizo mix
- Bake 10 minutes
- Top with lettuce + tomatoes + avocado + crumbled tortilla chips + cilantro
- Serve hot
- Fold pizza slice into shape of taco for some real Shutter Island business