By now, you’ve gathered I have a ~thing~ for baseboards.
I think about them all the time. “Are they clean enough? Where does all this dust come from? How will I reach that corner tucked behind that very heavy object?
They’re the first thing I notice in every room I enter. I’m not a great dinner guest, honestly.
Imagine my sheer glee when a package arrived on my doorstep from my fellow clean freak and the woman who gave me life to find a BASEBOARD BUDDY. An actual tool for basket cases like me!!! It’s like a giant stick with a lil wipe wrapped around a square head. Said square is curved perfectly to hug your baseboard crevices just so. I was so excited, I ripped it open and put it together so quickly. Garr was standing by with his jaw on the floor like, “I thought things that read ‘assembly required’ gave you anxiety……….” Your girl just needs a lil motivation.
Just one step closer on my quest to build the strongest army of cleaning tools in the world.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 1 cup of plain almond milk
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp. of vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup of meatless crumbles
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. of fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 4 cups of plain almond milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a bowl, whisk dry biscuit ingredients – 2 cups of flour + baking powder + baking soda + salt
- Make a well in the dry ingredients + mix in almond milk a lil at a time with wooden spoon
- Once formed into sticky ball, plop onto a floured surface + dust with a lil more flour
- Turn dough over 6 times, barely kneading
- Press dough out with hands into flat pancake
- Using a glass, cut out 8 rounds + place onto baking sheet
- Push the center of the biscuits in a lil with your thumb + brush with melted butter
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown to your desire
- Meanwhile, for gravy, combine flour + nutritional yeast + sage + crushed red pepper + S+P in a dry skillet over low-medium heat for 5 minutes
- Turn heat up to medium + whisk in almond milk
- Bring to a bubble, lower heat + add meatless crumbles
- Whisk until thickened to your desire, adjust seasoning to taste
- Serve warm biscuit with warm gravy
- Untie your stretchy pants, pull the waistband loose + sit at your kitchen table until every bite of this has vanished
Adapted from these!