It’s been 7 long years since I first tried to convince my husband to watch The Office.
It is in my top 5 favorite shows of all time – a list he is quite familiar with because I refer to it biweekly.
I’ve literally begged him over the years to watch it, knowing he’ll pee pee his pants from laughter.
I’d like to thank the meme revolution for broadening my husband’s sense of humor and making him open to other giggle-inducing medias. FINALLY, we are binging it. This man is loving this darn show. Like, his face turns red and he does these adorable big belly laughs. He turned to me last night and was like, “Wow, why have I put off watching this show for so long???” Through gritted teeth I explain – Well, DEAR, you see, sometimes you purposefully don’t do things I ask in order to annoy me, it’s truly one of your most endearing qualities and makes me fall more in love with you each day.
To no one’s surprise, he’s really connecting with Kevin’s character.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes (if you can’t take the heat, get another can of the regular or a big 28 oz. can of it)
- 1/2 cup of vodka
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Basil, for serving
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain + set aside
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add tomatoes + vodka + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, pulse cashews in a food processor until smooth
- Add tomato sauce into food processor with cashew cream + process until smooth
- Return silky sauce to pan with some S+P, simmer another 5-7 minutes
- Turn off heat + stir in pasta + basil
- Serve hot with more fresh basil
- Be like me + eat lunch, then make this + even though you’re not hungry, eat a big bowl of it anyways